Starting the 70-298

Discussion in 'Security Exams' started by SYN, Feb 21, 2007.

1. SYN

SYN Bit Poster

Its all a little quiet on here!

Im just starting the 70-298 Designing Security

Anyone got any good advice - it would be appreciated

Got me the Exam Cram 2 book gonna read that then the MOC and get onto some practice questions

:rolleyes:

Certifications: VCP,MCTS, MCSE, Security+, CIW-D
    WIP: MCITP
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Umm just a little worried your exam guide is a little *thin*. Do you have experience thats going to cover the gaps? Also what practice questions are you looking at using?

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I usually advise MSPress and Sybex for Microsoft exams.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. SYN

SYN Bit Poster

Thanks - I have go the MOC and Exam Cram2 book(the first time i have used the Exam Cram series and wanted to check them out) Also got the Sybex book

Did the Microsoft course also and will look into the Transcender practice exams as well as all the questions you get with the books and free online

The Exam Cram book is very THIN - i thought it was going to be around 500 pages and is actually under 300 - but ive started to read it now and see what its like

Also just set my test Server/Domain up so i can practice on that

Certifications: VCP,MCTS, MCSE, Security+, CIW-D
    WIP: MCITP
  5. GW

GW Byte Poster

Exam Crams are made to be used after you've gone through the study guides like Sybex and are getting ready to sit the exam. If you did the MOC course you should be well on your way.

The Transcenders will point out your weak areas that you can hit up the Sybex book to fill in those areas.

GW

Certifications: MCP x4, CompTia x3
    WIP: Cisco CCNA