Starting Again

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by cpvale, Nov 30, 2008.

1. cpvale

cpvale New Member

Hi

Newbie here was a member ages ago but lost all be stuff. Done me 70-290 and need get back into the swing of things so going have a crack at 70-291.

Lost a load of my software so currently using a evaluation version of 2003. Thinking of getting a Tech Net Subscription but not sure if its worth the money? Anyone else got one?

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Yup, well worth the money.

Server 2008/2003, Exchange 2007 and more.....

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

If it wasn't for our organisations licensing (a yearly sub, which includes software assurance, technet, etc), I would have gone down the TechNet Plus Direct a long time ago :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. cpvale

cpvale New Member

im thinking the e learning courses will help as well. just unsure on the price £300 is a lot to shell out but it would cost me that for a copy of 2003 server, And i get the choice of 2008 as well if i wish to upgrade.

Anyone used the e learning courses? With the technet sub can you use any e learning course?

5. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I'm not sure on just the Technet Subscription, as at work we get alot more. However if you see here:

I assume that there are some courses that you'll have to pay for. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Who just has the Technet Subscription.

I have used some of Microsoft's elearning courses and they are ok. I don't just rely on them for the exam (I also use various books, CBT's, practice exams, etc).

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Just checked my Technet subscription....

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs