starting A+

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by sunnymale, Jan 6, 2007.

1. sunnymale

sunnymale New Member

Hi Folks,

I joined here few weeks ago as I have been looking to study and change careers. After all the research I did on here I have decided to self study for A+ as I am self motivated. From reading old posts most people seem to recommend Mike Meyers A+ all in one book but I am a bit confused with all the different objectives and editions etc. I would appreciate it if anyone can advise me what book I should purchase and apart from an old pc to mess about with what else I should buy.

Thanks to this forum I have saved myself a fortune already by not going with training providers and going down the self study route. If a lot of people on here can self study and pass there is hope for me as well.

Sunny

2. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Well there are 2 A+ courses currently available. You have the 2003 objectives, which run out at the end of Q2. These are numbered 301+302. Then there are the new objectives which are available now, they are numbered 601, 602, etc. Check out www.comptia.org for more info.
    And heres a link to the new mike myers A+ book. Not sure if its available in the UK yet
    http://www.amazon.com/Certification-All-One-Guide-Sixth/dp/0072263113/sr=8-1/qid

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  3. Pete01

Pete01 Kilobyte Poster

Do the 2006 ones if you're starting now. Get the Meyers book!

Certifications: MCP (NT4) CCNA
    WIP: 70-669, Learning MSI packaging
  4. sunnymale

sunnymale New Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I will wait for the Mike Meyers book to be available in UK and then buy it and start self studying.

Sunny

5. broze

broze New Member

Certifications: None as yet
    WIP: Unsure