Started Exam Practice!

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by ryanthelion84, Apr 23, 2008.

1. ryanthelion84

ryanthelion84 Nibble Poster

MY GOD! What a load of grot!

I'm hoping that the scenario based questions that are now in the exams are clearer than the exam practice questions i am currently going through from my 70-290 first edition CD! The questions are written in jibberish!:blink

Certifications: 70-290, PRINCEII Practioner, ITIL V3F
    WIP: VMWare ESX VCP
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

High-quality exam questions cost more than you paid for that book. 8)

Sorry, couldn't resist. :p

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. ryanthelion84

ryanthelion84 Nibble Poster

I'm starting to believe thats the case!!

What I could do with is a copy of the CD that comes with the MS Press 2nd ed. Just to draw comparisons!

I know illegitimate copies aren't allowed to be discussed on here, so unless anyone feels the need to contact me privately with one, i'm happy to consider buying one for a small fee if anyone has one they dont want anymore!:dry

Other than that i guess i keep cracking on with the exam practices and questions i have and try work out how on earth they want them answering! The context of some of them really is horrendous!

Certifications: 70-290, PRINCEII Practioner, ITIL V3F
    WIP: VMWare ESX VCP
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Purchase some exam questions from Boson or Transcender, the exams are designed to confuse and to be ambiguous wether real or not which is a pain I know but it is that way.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

They're likely the same. 2nd edition didn't change a whole lot... they're not gonna rewrite the book for a 2nd edition. Nor would they change the questions when the exam didn't change a great deal.

That's not the problem with 1st edition vs. 2nd edition... that's a weakness with the author who created the question or the publisher who specified what they wanted the author to write.

I'll be honest with ya... the Sybex 70-620 book that Josh and I wrote don't have anywhere NEAR the same level of detailed questions that we've got in our Boson 70-620 product. I can spit out 20 Sybex questions and (short!) explanations in the span of a couple of hours. It takes MUCH longer than that to craft a good Boson question and explanation.

Not trying to sell my products... just trying to differentiate the "freebie" stuff you get in a book vs. the high-quality stuff you'll get from a company that creates products specifically to simulate the exam experience. :) Download demos from several and compare them for yourself!

Unfortunately, Boson doesn't have a new-style ExSim Max product for 70-290... we've got the old 70-290 ExSim products that were created before Josh and I came on board and changed the development process.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!