Star Wars Day

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by twizzle, May 4, 2010.

1. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Its that time of year again... HAPPY STAR WARS DAY TO ALL!

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

This is probably going to sound heretic to most of you, but I think Star Wars is sh1t - always have done. Even when I was a kid, all I cared about were the toys. Once I grew out of them (at age 12 or so) I never gave a monkeys about any of it. Haven't seen the last lot of films at all, but tried to watch 'The Empire Strikes Back' a couple of years ago. Sorry fans, but it's still sh1t.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

My love for Star Wars disintegrated the moment I got involved in amateur theatre, that followed by studying for my Media Studies A-Level completely destroyed the films for me and I now can't actually watch the old ones without cringing and the new ones without wanting to throw something at the tv.

To many badly realised and quite frankly badly acted characters. Its not the same as when I was a kid, I can't lose myself in the world anymore.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Wow, I've never met a man who didn't like Star Wars, seriously, any one else? I love em, they remind me of being a kid

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  5. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I'm not a huge fan of the films. Dont hate them, but dont rave about them. I like the universe though, so games can work well.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  6. JK2447

Top Poster
    of the Month

Yeah I've played some cracking Star Wars games over the years

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
  7. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

You move in small circles. Of my friends, I'd estimate that more than half of them think Star Wars is pants. Anyone who really likes film can't possibly like Star Wars - it's the seventies/eighties equivalent of the 'Godzilla' film of a few years back. Crap acting, crap effects, crap story.

8. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I'll watch 'em, but they don't rock my world any.

Labyrinth, Willow, the Dark Crystal and Legend remind me of being a kid :biggrin. Though in the case of Labyrinth, it could also remind me of any given weekend for the last two decades...

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  9. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

You dont need to love or even like Star Wars to appreciate May the 4th. I dont love them, i like the first 2 more than teh others but thats it. I dont rave about them and dont treat them as a form of religion. But they were part of my growing up.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  10. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I've kind of grown out of them a bit.
    At the time though, they were the business.
    I remember pre-VHS days, Star Wars always used to be on at Xmas, and I used to put the whole family through it every year.
    I haven't watched the original films for a long time, but I think I'm trying to turn my son into a Star Wars geek. He's never shown much interest in the films (attention span of a gnat) but has picked up an encyclopedic knowledge of the universe from games like Lego Star Wars.
    He's got replica lightsabres on the wall of his room, a Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper helmet.
    Actually, they're mine and he's not allowed to touch them... :oops:

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  11. JK2447

Top Poster
    of the Month

The new films were terrible (ja ja binks is a joke) but old ones are classics IMHO. You'll be telling me you lot don't like Aliens next! I feel like I'm in the Twighlight Zone!

12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I enjoyed the toys... and still do: Hayden and I have lightsaber fights in my home office.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  13. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

And there was I thinking that I really enjoyed a wide variety of cinema (including many subtitled foreign films) but I was wrong all along because I enjoyed the original Star Wars trilogy! Thanks for clearing that up for me. Can you tell me what I should and shouldn't like next please? :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  14. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

If you want, sure. It might be a bit depressing for you though...

15. DC Pr0Mo

DC Pr0Mo Kilobyte Poster

I find your lack of faith disturbing, You don't know the power of the dark side.

The Force is strong with this one.

Certifications: MCDST | BSc Network Computing | 365 Fundamentals
  16. DC Pr0Mo

DC Pr0Mo Kilobyte Poster

Certifications: MCDST | BSc Network Computing | 365 Fundamentals