Star Trek Quiz

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by AJ, Jul 28, 2007.

1. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

All right, for all you Trekkers out there, here's a little trekkie quiz.

All questions are on the original series (TOS). If there is enough interest, I'll do some more on The Next Generation, DS9, Voyager, the films and general Sci-Fi.

Here goes:

1. In the TOS episode “Return TO Tomorrow” Kirk, Spock and McCoy allow aliens temporarily to occupy their bodies; which host proves so attractive that the alien doesn’t want to leave?

2. What is the name of Cpt Kirk’s nephew?

3. In the “Space Seed” from TOS, how long had Khan been asleep?

4. In “Spector of the Gun” in TOS what Wild West gang do the Enterprise crew get cast as?

5. What is Chekov’s middle name?

6. To whom does Spock say: “I object to you. I object to intellect without discipline. I object to power without creative purpose”?

7. What was the first Star trek episode to be screened in Britain?

8. How long was the original mission of the Enterprise?

9. In “The Trouble with Tribbles” who is described as “a swaggering, overbearing tin-plated dictator with delusions of Godhead”?

10. In “A piece of the action” Kirk explains the rules of a supposed Beta Antares IV game that he’s just invented; what is it called?

11. The first inter-species kiss was between Spock and which other crew-member of the original Enterprise?

12. Who played Khan in the episode "Space Seed" and in the movie “The Wrath of Khan”?

13. What was different about the opening to the original pilot episode, “The Cage”, compared to those that followed?

14. Who says to whom: “I don’t know much about the Tribbles yet, but I’ve found out one thing about them: I like them better than I do you”?

15. What is the name of Spock’s wife?

16. What is unusual about Spock’s appearance in “Mirror Mirror”?

17. Apart from Kirk and Spock, which character appears in the most episodes of TOS?

18. Name the two men who Captained the original Enterprise before Kirk.

19. Who is older: Leonard Nimoy or William Shatner?

20. Who shared the first inter-racial kiss on Star Trek (if not TV) and what was the episode called?

OK then. Post your answers or PM to me. Closing day will be next Saturday @ 18:00 GMT

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

PM sent. 8)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

1. In the episode "The Corbomite Maneuver" Sulu was at the helm position. Who was at the navigator's station?

2. In the same episode, what color was Uhura's uniform?

3. In the same episode, what was the name of the alien vessel and to what organization did it belong?

4. In what episode did Spock first use the now famous Vulcan Mind Meld and on whom?

5. In what episode did Spock use the now famous Vulcan neck pinch and on whom?

6. Actor Mark Lenard played two different characters in the orignial series. Which two did he play and in which episodes?

7. Actor William Campbell played two different characters in the original series. Which two did he play and in which episodes?

8. Actor Skip Homeier played two different characters in the original series, Which two did he play and in which episodes?

9. What famous San Francisco attorney played a "bad guy" in a third season episode?

10. On the very last Star Trek original series episode aired, what "interesting" thing happened to Kirk?

That's all for now. With the Internet and Google, I doubt it'll take you anywhere near a week to answer these but I'll use the same time limit as AJ. Cheers. :)

4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Damn these are hard! I have watched these episodes from seeing the original series broadcast the first time when i was 15 and god knows how many repeats over the years and i am unable to answer more than a few obvious ones :oops:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I don't know if you mean AJ's questions, mine, or both. I answered all of AJ's questions either from memory or looking them up with Google in about 15 or 20 minutes.

In 1976, a megafan of Star Trek named Bjo Trimble wrote the Star Trek Concordance which was the first of its kind. It has info on all of the original series episodes plus the animated series. I used it to get ideas for my trivia questions. :wink:

6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Google is cheating you should know or not.

I thought I was quite knowledgeable in star trek but i can only do about 5 or 6 from each one.

I wonder how my ex work collegue would do? All you had to do with him was mention part of an episode and he could tell you everything about it. That goes for all incarnations upto voyager

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I was very heavily into Star Trek TOS trivia in the 1970s but I never got the "bug" for the other series. Also, TOS has only three seasons and 80 something episodes so there's not that many to keep track of.

As far as cheating is concerned, AJ didn't state any limitations or rules except the time frame so it's all fair. That said, I did answer 12 out of AJ's 20 questions from memory and two are actually guesses.

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I'm quite the opposite - I never got into ST:TOS much... looked pretty hokey compared to Star Wars... but I was hooked on ST:TNG.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

It's an age thing. :wink:

10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I guess so... that 7 years between ST:TOS and Star Wars were an eternity, huh? ;)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!