Spotify

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by westernkings, Sep 30, 2009.

1. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Hi guys, this is going to sound really cheeky, but I'm sat in the office, I don't have any connectors for my Ipod and I only have USB speakers, can someone send me a spotify invite so I don't spend the next 2 weeks in Silence.

:) it would be mega mega mega appreciated.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  2. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

I didn't realise it was invite only?

edit: No way! I have 0 invites left
    Sorry mate! :( You would have thought they'd give an invite or so each for existing members.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
    Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  3. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

I'm having the worst ****ing day ever, it's open evening at the school, and i'm the only IT guy in. I'm building 7 laptops, organising a maths computing suite, crating PCs across the school, setting up projectors, sorting out the mobile broadcaster and TV systems, and all whilst sorting out normal day to day faults. the radiators are on for whatever ****ign reason, im sweating like no ones business, ive had no breaks, and im here till ****ing 9pm un paid because I get half a day off at some point, on top of that, the head teacher just neglected to turn up to one of his lessons, so I ended up babysitting a year 9 class for half an hour this morning, he didn't tell anyone he couldnt come teach, he just didnt botehr coming until I got in touch with a cover teacher.

It's a ****ing joke here.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  4. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

www.jobserve.com

afraif i aint got any invites! get youtube on and playlist some tracks

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  5. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

last.fm is still operating

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  6. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Is spoitfy that great and what are the bandwidth requirements like?

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  7. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

I thought you just joined, I'm sure that's what I did, signed up to the free service and away I went.

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  8. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

^ once it got released to iPhone they got swamped so chanegd to an invite only system

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  9. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

That makes no sense. Why would they stop people signing up for the service? To use it on the iPhone you need to have a premium account. Therefor, they lose nothing by keeping free user sign up open and only cut off their income from premium accounts (which should've had a huge boost thanks to iPhone app)..

Unless they're struggling to cope with the demand.. :rolleyes:

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Umm... "struggling to cope with the demand" == "swamped". :D

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  11. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

Hahaha 'duh' :oops:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
    Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  12. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Probably way too late, but PM'd ya now, WK. :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  13. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

...and if they're struggling to keep up with demand, then their current users won't even be able to use the service; thus, in that scenario everyone loses. Cutting off new users will at least guarantee that they can service their current users.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  14. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Heh West, that sounds like a good day at my school. :) Recently myself and WagnerK (Ken) worked 14 days in a row (3 weekends included), mainly due to a last minute decision (well compared to normal projects) to add an extra 3 IT suites in time for the new term. So 96 PC's and many long hours later, we finally finished it. Very repetetive work. The fact that we do virtually all the work ourselves rather than contracting it in (mainly to save the school money) took it's toll on us this time!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  15. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  16. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  17. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Bugger :cry:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  18. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Its not back yet mate, that just bypasses the restrictions :)

Check here where you normally signup
    http://www.spotify.com/en/#top :D

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  19. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I can't say too much, but Dazza has opened my eyes, on the Internet and what can be done apart from facebook ((spits)) and that don't happen very often.

Kudos Daz and rep given.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)