Sportify blocked by firewall?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Juelz, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Basically I keep getting an error message on sportify saying its being blocked by a firewall... I checked windows firewall and its on the allow list.. I turned of both avast and spyware terminator as I couldnt determine if one of these programs were blocking the application.. no luck there either so was wondering if someone who new abit more could help.. it did use to work, although I havent used it in a month and since then I've changed virus protection etc. Im not really to knowledgeable of internet security.

2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

You're probably better off checking with the software vendor - there's quite a few threads already on this over at community.spotify.com

But, have you tried disabling your FW entirely to see if it starts working? Obviously don't leave it like that if you have no other protection, but it would rule out whether or not your rules are correct.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Hi Arroyn thanks for relying, after trying and trying I finally found a solution! I ran the program as an administrator and it worked! so if anyone ever gets this issue note that down, although I've heard it doesnt work for everyone.