Sorry if it has been asked before, but does the 70-680 qualification make me an MCSE?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by drbxgold, Jul 15, 2013.

1. drbxgold

drbxgold New Member

And now I can put the MCSE logo on my resume/ CV?

Certifications: Microsoft 70-680, Cisco: IT Essentials PC Hardware and Software, Cisco Exploration: Network Fundamentals, Cisco Exploration: LAN Switching and Wireless
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Well it would make you an MCITP if you had any other Microsoft certifications that required this (for example 70-685 or 70-686 or the pre-reqs for the MCITP EA) but on it's own, no, it doesn't. What it does give you is an MCTS.

For more information on the 70-680 exam please have a look here https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/exam.aspx?id=70-680.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Maybe you mean "MCP", as surely no-one thinks an MCSE is a one-exam certification(?)

Anyway, the answer to that would also be 'no', as eventhough passing an exam makes you "A Microsoft Certified Professional" (and gives you access to the MCP site), the MCP as a Certification is what became the MCTS (essentially the single exams the MS thought important enough in their own right to earn a certificate). So, as mentioned by SimonD above, unless you have passed other exams too, you can only use the MCTS logo currently.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
    Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  4. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Just to update this with a further thought for anyone who is unsure about their allowed logos...

Just log onto your MCP site and you will find a link to allow you to download the logos that have been earned from the exams that you have passed.
    Same is true of the certificates. If it's not on your personal MCP page, don't use it...

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...