Sony laptop driver/software problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by sparkey77, Mar 25, 2009.

1. sparkey77

sparkey77 Bit Poster

Hi all

I have a Sony VGN-AR61S laptop which I recently installed vista ultimate on, everything went well apart from the eject button, short cut keys and function keys do not work. I've downloaded all the original drivers from Sony's website which got the volume and mute buttons working, but I must still be missing a/some drivers/software. Does anybody know which ones they would be.

Thank you

Certifications: MCDST & Network +
    WIP: MCSA
  2. Metalstar

Metalstar Kilobyte Poster

I'm assuming you went to the "originally installed" section for your laptop on sony's site. I'm surprised that didn't sort it.

An alternative would be to use http://www.canadiancontent.net/tech/download/Key_Remapper.html or similar to map the keys yourself.

I think sony uses "VAIO Event Services" to map the hotkeys. See if you can download the latest version of that.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Are those drivers for Vista? Some XP drivers do not work in Vista.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. sparkey77

sparkey77 Bit Poster

The laptop came with Vista Home Premium originally installed so I am assuming that the drivers I have installed are for Vista but I’ll check that out.
    Thanks.

Certifications: MCDST & Network +
    WIP: MCSA