Sony asks gamers to sign new terms or face PSN ban

Discussion in 'News' started by GiddyG, Sep 18, 2011.

1. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Sony asks gamers to sign new terms or face PSN ban

Sony is preparing to ban gamers from the PlayStation Network (PSN) unless they waive the right to collectively sue it over future security breaches.

The firm has amended PSN's terms and conditions and users have to agree to them next time they log in.

The move comes months after a string of hacking attacks compromised over 100 million accounts of the PlayStation Network subscribers.

It is, however, possible to opt out of the agreement within the next 30 days.

Gamers will now have to try to resolve any legal issues with an arbitrator picked by Sony, before being able to file a lawsuit.

Full Story here

porta2_tags:

Comments

1. BosonJosh
      BosonJosh
      I wasn't a big fan of Sony before the breaches, but their complete mismanagement afterwards has me leaning against getting a PS3, which I was contemplating. If I end up getting another console, it will be an Xbox.
    2. JonnyMX
      JonnyMX
      I'm not sure where people get off on all this kind of stuff.

Seriously.

Obviously people who are in possession of personal data have a responsibility (legal and moral) to keep it secure, but blimey. **** happens.

And why do people think that a lawsuit is the way to go?
      Who do they think they are? The fact that some hacker nerd now has their email address and PSN password. So what?
      Some lovely lady on the Internet already has my email address because she keeps wanting to help me last longer (women - always giving us more work to do :rolleyes:). I'm pretty sure that isn't Sony's fault - maybe it's down to the other hundreds of websites I willing give my email address to on a weekly basis.

And anyone who is worried about their password clearly uses the same one for everything so has nobody to blame but themselves.

Credit card details? Well I gave my credit card to a waiter the other week and he wondered off with it. If he copied the details down on a napkin, I won't blame Sony for that either.

People should just calm down and get a grip. Sony having to ask users to waive their rights is just another example of the world gone mad. Personally I can see the day when every single paving slab is engraved with a warning that it may represent a tripping hazard and absolving the council of any responsibility.

Go World!
    3. Boffy
      Boffy
      Haha, thats just made my morning!