Some guitar action

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Theprof, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

This guy plays the guitar very well. I am sure some of you heard of him before on the news maybe or around youtube.

Here is a link to one of the songs he played by Vivaldi the four seasons http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxplDa3M5Io

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Impressive, but rather slickly produced for a split screen film of him doing 2 guitar parts to the piece. Is there any more info on how this was put together ? I want to love it, but my cynical hat is covering my eyes and ears a little ... :rolleyes:

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Unfortunately not, it doesn't really give much of the info on how he made the video, all I know is that he records the music and video separately and joins them together and that sometimes causes the video to look out of sync.

If you look up funtwo on wiki it will give you more info. Apparently he is a Korean 23 year old student who is studying IT btw and is mostly self taught which is what I find impressive.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
  4. feely

feely Bit Poster

Certifications: HND Elect & Electronic Engineering
    WIP: A+, Network+ & BSc in Physics
  5. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I havent seen it but it looks crazy.

7. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

This guy is fingerpicking with two hands at the same time!

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  8. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

That first dude is good, but anyone can achieve that with a dedication to playing scales for a year or so. Then, a bit of time learning the song and pattern structures.

Now, the second guy is all technique, and it's in a different ballpark. Same with the spidery freakshow in the 3rd clip :D

Now, how about some others?

Look Ma! Both hands...
    This was more of a joke than anything -- look at the 80's hair and clothes! He still looks like that today.

Wabash Cannonball
    I hate country and anything to do with it, but Doyle can pick!

Little Wing -- fingerstyle
    Yep, pretty good for a YouTuber, and a nice translation to one of the greatest songs recorded.

Ultimate Little Wing
    Sure, Jimi did it, SRV made it better (IMHO), but have you heard Monte play it... on an acoustic?

Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE