Some advice pls...

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by nic81, Aug 10, 2008.

1. nic81

nic81 Bit Poster

I have fell away from the course, still to sit the first exam, but i'm getting back on track!

Would it be realistic to aim for the first exam in 8-10 weeks??

Oh and just so u know, i dont work in IT. I want to work in IT :) so i study as much as i can right now. So far so good, i've not failed any assessments or got less that distincition/merit pass on them....but i know the exam is going to be much different.
    I've got past exam questions and the CB Nugget videos, which have been a great help! I've heard the exam cram books are really good too??

Any advice would be much appreciated :biggrin

Certifications: None for IT, workng on it
    WIP: MCDST
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

That sounds reasonable :)

CBT Nugget videos are good (imo not as good as learnkey, but are still very good), Examcram books are great for consolidating your knowledge for the exam. However what are these past exam questions you're on about? I really hope that you're not referring to braindumps...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. nic81

nic81 Bit Poster

No they not braindumps they're just questions that are multiple choice but they explain the correct answer when your marking them, my friend gave me them on a cd. Very helpful! :) and makes me realise that i've taken a lot in too

So would it be a good idea for me to get the exam cram book?

Certifications: None for IT, workng on it
    WIP: MCDST
  4. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Its handy to use in the last few days before an exam as it just covers the key points. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I agree :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If they're questions your "friend gave you on a cd"... then how do you know they're not braindumps? Or, almost as bad, how do you know they're not pirated versions of things that people like me work hard to create for a living? Most, if not all, of the legit practice exam providers sell their products as non-transferrable single-user licenses... meaning, they CAN'T be legally given to others.

Therefore... you've likely got braindumps or pirated legal stuff. Either way, it's not a good thing.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. armouredcrack

armouredcrack Bit Poster

Hi,

I didn't really have any previous experience in IT before i started my MCDST. I found the transcender software and microsoft technet very helpful to pass the exam. Just make sure you read the questions carefully and if you know what you talking about. You will do well.

Good luck :D

Certifications: A+, MCDST, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  8. armouredcrack

armouredcrack Bit Poster

Hi,

I didn't really have any previous experience in IT before i started my MCDST. I found the transcender software and microsoft technet very helpful to pass the exam. Just make sure you read the questions carefully and if you know what you talking about. You will do well.

I passed both 70-271 and 70-272 in a month so it can be done.

Good luck :D

Certifications: A+, MCDST, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  9. ben_westbrom

ben_westbrom Bit Poster

I agree, i hardly had any IT experience before i started studying. I knew the basics and thought that i knew a lot (as is the case with lots of people who start out in IT). I went through the 272 book quickly, thought i knew it all then took one of the trancender exams and realised i didnt know what i was on about. I then studied really hard and took both exams after 3 weeks studying each.
    I passed them both first time.

Good luck

Certifications: A+, MCDST, 70 - 290
    WIP: 70-291