Software problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by zxspectrum, Feb 1, 2012.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Bought 2 new games for the pc recently, i bought football manager 2012 and dance 6 reloaded

Im having trouble when running the dance game it runs very clunky indeed, but only on the main screen. By that i mean when you open it up, it loads the user interface, with a mix preloaded on it and if you like you can listen to that mix. But my computer is extremely slow and unresponsive when im in this window, so im wondering what the problem can be.

Im sure its not my pc setup as the football manager game runs like a dream with no problems what so ever and that is a lot more demanding etc and requiores a slightly higher spec to run etc.

The specs of my computer are AMD Phenom x64 quad core, 4 gig ram 500 hd with 400 free and an ATI 512 mb graphics card.

The only thing i can think of is the 64 bit issue?? Im on a 64 bit OS and maybe the software is meant for 32 bit?? But thats a shot in the dark.

Now i have email the company but with no reply yet, so what can i do now, as i really dont want a game that doesnt work, but ive already activated it etc, whilst in setup?

Any ideas

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Try running it in 32bit
    Check current processing power when running the software
    Have you tried changing the resolution, refresh rate?
    any graphics settings you can tweak - anti-aliasing etc?

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  3. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

That machine should be able to fly rockets to the moon! Perhaps it's an audio thing causing the problem

What soundcard are you using, is it AISO completable and can you adjust the buffer size?

How does Ejay perform with Antivirus Disabled and your power saving settings disabled? both these features can play havoc with audio and audio devices.

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  4. zxspectrum

Sound card wise its nothing special, but does meet the requirements, but this is before i get any sound going at all so im sure its not that, i can always add if that isnt helping. Ill look into the 32 bit stuff and the graphics tweaking now.

Ed

5. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Have there been any patches released for Dance 6? Have you got the latest Drivers for your Graphics Card?

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  6. zxspectrum

Well after all that it was the grapgics card driver, just updated it now and it works nice and smooth. Strang tho as i did update it yeaterday. But now it runs like it should do, all smooth. Now to work on my dance masterpiece lol

Thanks for the input guys

Ed

Boffy likes this.
  7. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Cool, glad you got it sorted. Good luck with the Muzik ;)

BTW, if this is your bag you should give Ableton Live a go Ableton - Homepage I bought the full suite last year and its the best thing I have bought in years.

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA