SOE Admin or Desktop support

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by pakman06, Feb 4, 2010.

1. pakman06

pakman06 New Member

Hi all,

Just joined this forum a day or two.
    one quick question
    which is more important SOE Admin or Desktop support.

thanks in advance

2. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Do you mean SEO? non is more important. They are two different jobs. Doing two different things.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  3. pakman06

pakman06 New Member

sorry, what is SEO stand for?

i thought there was a job title called Standard Operating Environment Administrator (SOE).

if i were going to take up Desktop support. where will it take after that
    and same thing for SOE admin.

i just want to know which role will take me closer to become System Administrator.

thanks

4. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

No one can really answer where it will take you. SEO is more web development. I have just googled Standard Operating Environment Administrator and nothing comes up so I assume you mean "Search Engine Optimization" (SEO). SEO is web development focussed and Desktop support is well, just that. Desktop is the one more associated with system administrator, however, I wouldn't set your hopes on Systems Admin as there is no set path or specific job title to role in the IT, it isn't unusual for a Sys Admin to be doing SEO or someone dealing with a bit of SEO to be doing a bit of desktop support/ You will only know, once you get to that level.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3