So my Mike Myers Comptia A+ book came today...

Discussion in 'A+' started by Juelz, May 25, 2013.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I didnt realise it would be this big.. from the picture on amazon it didnt look to weighty, anyway I was just wondering how did you use this book (or any other book of its weight) to revise? as I dont believe one can read this book and retain all this information.. so any tips would be much appreciated.

2. livingwater

livingwater Bit Poster

Personally I found the book to be very thorough. It gives you way more understanding than you need for the exam and as an IT Technician. Can't say having an understanding about registers in processors as having been a great help. I recommend this book instead:

CompTIA A+ 220-801 and 220-802 Authorized Exam Cram Exam Cram Pearson: Amazon.co.uk: David L. Prowse: Books

Although the 'Exam Cram' title suggests it is revision book it is still very thorough, i.e it gives you ALL you need to know to pass the exam (and more), but it is to the point and focusses on what you need for the exam and is explicit in pointing this out. Supplement this with the Professor Messer videos which are free on the internet. As for Mike M, Perhaps you can use him as a supplement to any bits in the Exam Cram you do not understand. That would be my advice

Certifications: A+, N+
  3. B33 ENN

B33 ENN Nibble Poster

In the book, Mike himself says his work is intended as not just an exam guide, but also a kind of reference handbook you can always refer back to in order to gain a deeper understanding of things. He also suggests an initial novel style read through, which is what I did. After that, I'd suggest using it as a reference when going through the CompTIA official exam objectives, and also when doing mock questions.

Certifications: ECDL, ECDL Expert | Cisco ITE | CompTIA Strata, A+ | Microsoft MTA Operating System, MTA Server Administration | CCNA Exploration
    WIP: CompTIA Network+ | Microsoft MCSA Windows 7, Server 2012 | Cisco CCENT, CCNA