So, just what was my job :)

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by MadMat, Aug 24, 2010.

1. MadMat

MadMat Bit Poster

I'm starting to write a new CV, looking for a new job for the first time in over 10 years!

I worked for several years on an ISP helpdesk, but the roles on that helpdesk don't seem to fit into the standard 1st/2nd/3rd line support I'm seeing in the job adverts!

The organisation was sort of

Frontline residental - supported dialup/homehighway/USB type home broadband products
    Backline residential - escalation point for above

Frontline Commercial - ISDN, Leasedline, commercial broadband products, commercial hosting products
    Backline commercial - escalation point for above.

Any clues on how this fits into the standard 1st/2nd/3rd line structure? I've listed them in the order people generally progressed through the ranks (and salary scale order)

Mat

Certifications: CCENT
    WIP: CCNA
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Does the role you were doing HAVE to fit exactly with the roles you want to be doing? Just list what you did on your CV and apply for all of them.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!