So it begins again....

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Fanatical, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

Right well I've been a year in my current helpdesk job and whilst I enjkoy the team and the work (in the main!) travelinbg 40 miles to work and 40 miles back on the m3/m27 is a f*cking nightmare that never ceases. Worst journey home has been 3.5 hours so far and frankly I'd rather not try and set another record.

So I'm back into the job market again, slapping my new and improved CV on Jobsite and total jobs and within a day I've had 3 calls regarding jobs, one of which sounds alright even if it's a less "techie" role than this one. However it's half the distance away and spanned across 4 days a week so petrol alone would make it desirable.

There's not really a question here other than what do people think realistacly I should be aiming for with 14 months experience with A+ and MCDST under my belt? Got to be earning at least as much as I do now (17K P/A) and have ways to progress my knowledge at the same time....

I actually feel more nervous this time because I'm supposed to know stuff instead of starting out where the expectations are that much lower as to your base knowledge....

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP: SA
  2. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

Whereabouts are you looking for work ?

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA
  3. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

south hampshire area....

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP: SA