So how are you Finding Linux+

Discussion in 'Linux+' started by Jaron78, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

I have just started on the Linux+ and so far......I really like it.

I have got the 6 Months Pluralsight activation so I am just going through those. I also have a couple of Udemy courses. Its still very new at the moment but I am enjoying it. I am away for almost 3 weeks end of Jan but I do have a 28 Hour flight so that will help me get through some videos :)

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

It's on my task of things to do this year, like you I have a Pluralsight sub and with me being away for Feb in Thailand it's going to give me some time to study (VCAP first tho).

Just in case people are thinking that my Thailand trip is a jolly, I am actually off to a 28 Day Fitness retreat, PT during the day and studying during the night.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

I'd like to get it done. I've been messing with Linux years but never got certified in it. Would be a good place to start.

Thanks for the clarification. That squashes all rumors.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  4. Jaron78

That is the problem I have. Off to New Zealand in 2 weeks for 2.5 Weeks to see the in laws so doubt very much I will have time for studying. We get back the 16th of Feb so I may just make a start the first weekend we are back. Pluralsight training has been OK, finding it a bit of a struggle going through all the command line commands.

Mine will certainly be a jolly mate. Though 28 days of Fitness and Study, couldn't choose a better place than Thailand could you?

5. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

No I couldn't, although my wife certainly wasn't amused when I first told her :gun:

Silly thing was she told me to go for a weightloss retreat, I did my due diligence and discovered it was cheaper to do a month in Thailand than 2 weeks back here in the UK, Winner :bender:

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    Jaron78 likes this.
  6. Jaron78

Very well played Sir :D
    The only problem I would have with Thailand is that I love food (Hence why I am living at the Gym at the moment. I weighed myself the other day and came in at 15St. To say I was shocked was an understatement. Down to 14.5 at the moment).

And I would see myself putting on more weight than losing it ha ha

7. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

My friend, I weigh in at a shockingly heavy 133Kg (nearly 21 stone). I used to be closer to 14 stone so needless to say I am also a foodie (a fat foodie). Stress and anxiety will do that to you tho, so hoping the fresh start will help in reducing my weight and improve my sleep patterns.

Jaron78 likes this.
  8. Jaron78

Good luck mate, fingers crossed. Have to let me us know how it goes when your back if you don't mind.

9. Jaron78

10. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Being honest with you, I would point work in the direction of http://www.linuxacademy.com and get a subscription there, it's either monthly, quarterly or yearly subs (I paid for a year btw) and they are constantly evolving courses and content. They just announced yesterday a new mobile app (IOS release first then Android in Q2) for on/offline viewing.

They not only offer training on Linux+ but also AWS, OpenStack and various DevOps material (I should add that they also do LPIC, RHCSA as well as Linux Foundation certification).

As a Windows guy I am really impressed with LA and would definitely recommend them.

They also do commercial memberships but I don't know much about that.

11. Jaron78

That's great, thanks Simon.