Problem Slow to access share files

Discussion in 'Networks' started by fasihcool, Dec 28, 2010.

1. fasihcool

fasihcool New Member

Hi to All,

I recently replace a DC with my network, i configure file server and DNS also on the server. The problem is that, client are very slow to access the share files on server and other problem is that client slow to login on domain. In my network few systems are joint the domain and some on workgroup. This slow access problem was faced with client which are joint the domain. i think i miss some thing in when i create the DC. Please assist to me in this matter. there is no problem to access share files in previous server.
    i hope i explained my problem.

regards
    Fasih

2. ChrisH1979

ChrisH1979 Byte Poster

Are your clients still pointing to the DNS server address of the old server?
    Did you clean up the account properly of the old DC?
    Do you have some external DNS server entries in the clients DNS server?

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA, MCTS:Win 7, Application Infrastructure
    WIP: MCITP:EA
  3. Wot Wot

Wot Wot New Member

It could be that it is trying to connect to the old DC, thus causing a lag as it is unable to resolve. I have also had instances of Anti Virus 'Network Scanning' which would be installed on the Client Machines causing a severe Read/Write time to the Server.

Certifications: AS Computing
    WIP: A+
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Reconfigure the DNS on the DHCP scope to be the IP of the new DC. I'm guessing that you have DHCP running for the clients on the LAN.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs