Sky player

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zxspectrum, Nov 18, 2009.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Does anyone here have sky player on their computer or run it through their xbox 360??? I do and im a bit miffed to be honest as tonight i was looking forward to watching France v Rep of Eire in the second leg of the playoff. So the match is about to start and then i get a screen saying this match is not available on sky player???? Which has left me baffled as i watched the first leg without and problems.

This has got me thinking as it has happened before but only on sky movies. I pay £41 a month on whats known as a rolling contract, so i dont have to tie myself up to a long 18 month contract etc and like normal viewers you choose your channels etc. Ive got movies and sports.

Now one thing about signing up to a an 18 month contract is because that then subsidises the equipment you get to view the channels, or am i wrong on this. If the signing up on the 18 month deal gets you the equipment subsidised then shouldnt you get the service over the net cheaper??? as there are no hardware costs or installation costs???

Another thing is that sometimes when you watch a match you get the buffereing. Sometimes its hardly noticeable but one time it was really bad , like every 5 seconds. Now i know there was no problem with my internet connection, what ever people say about talk talk, the connection is spot on, its on 2 meg but i can download without a hitch, and play my xbox live without a problem and plus im uncapped. And i know its not my problem because ive watched matches before where the quality was great and didnt buffer all way through. So this must mean its a sky problem???, or am i wrong on that?? When i say a sky problem i mean the fact that too many people are trying to recieve it over the net like me.

Anyway you can downgrade the quality from high to medium or low but again im paying the same money as a digital viewer, so really i should get the same serverice as them and nothing less.

I will be moaning to sky about all this as im not happy, but id wondered what you lot thought as you have some great opinions

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680