Skillstrain students: Are you doing the assignments?

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by wayne, May 29, 2006.

1. wayne

wayne Bit Poster

Hi All,

I'm not far through the CIW course, but as I'm going, I've only been doing the TMA's. I haven't bothered with the assignments seeing as you don't have to post them off.

Am I eventually going to have to do them all? Or can I just wing it with the TMAs?

2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

All depends if you want to pass the exam. The whole point of doing the assignments is so you have a solid knowledge of what your are studying before you get to the exam.

Monkey 8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Point well made monkey. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. dee1810

dee1810 Byte Poster

As someone who has just recently completed 5 exam subjects with Scheidegger/SkillsTrain..well, my advise is that you are seriously under cutting your training if you don't submit those Tutor marked Assignment.

that is a big part of the course, and there is no point without them
    Yes, you do have to send them off to the tutor, well, you can upload them (if you don't know how, then let me know).

CIW is not something that can be done half-heartedly.. you have to really want to learn

enjoy it....it's worth it..8)

Certifications: Foundations, Site Designer & JavaScript
    WIP: Server Admin, and Perl
  5. wayne

wayne Bit Poster

I *am* doing the TMA's.

There are other assignements in the courseware that you do not have to submit. They are the ones that you have to write out. They are like short essays.

I am skipping these as they seem a bit pointless.

6. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

prob not best to skip them out mate; they have these there for a reason, the short essays may become useful as additional notes...

7. springbackhoolie

springbackhoolie New Member

I agree, many seem very tedious and merely repeat the previous lessons theme.

I will do the ones were I find difficulty with certain aspects, to make sure I understand it, otherwise maybe not so important if you want to get on as fast as possible.

Ian.