skillsTrain refund

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by xcase, Jun 14, 2007.

1. xcase

xcase Bit Poster

Can any confirm or check they agreements regarding refund? I can't find anything about cancellation.

I've been doing A+/N+/MSCA route with them my question is as i started doing A+ which im happy with, having finance problems at the moment :( i can't afford to pay for the whole route.

Therefore as i not started N+ or MCSA there should be able to reinstate me right? as in just pay for A+ course.

(Im happy to finish A+)

WIP: A+
  2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Honestly, I doubt it, but I have little experience with training providers so lets hope im wrong... Other members of the boards may be able to answer your question with more knowledge of the company. :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

The best person to answer that is your training provider.
    Have you phoned them to tell them about your problems?

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Hi there,

As the course comes as a package, I unfortunately doubt that you will be able to have a full refund.

However, as you still seem to want to do the course, call them to discuss your financial situation. As the loan is 0% APR, you wouldn't lose any further finances by attempting to extend the loan period (thus reducing your monthly repayments); you would certainly lose less than having to pay off the course fee, but not studying the material.

They may ask you to call the finance company directly; however, I suggest your best (first) course of action is to call their Administration department on 0845 077 7770; remember to have your student number to hand, otherwise they'll be less able to take your call.

Good luck; let us know how you get on.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  5. xcase

xcase Bit Poster

Thanks guy,

I will call them and find out what they can do

WIP: A+
  6. Peggsta

Peggsta Bit Poster

:unsure Hi mate.

First off, I'm 2 months into a very similar deal with skillstrain, (A+,N+,CCNA over 3 years) so I'm interested in the outcome of your situation here.

Anyhoo, without me digging out my agreement and reading the smallprint, (heck where did I put it)

I spent 2 hours with my Mrs at home in a meeting with the course representative/seller (and a bloody good seller she is, when I look back) but maybe one of the only question's I did not ask was about being able to keep up with the loan agreement.

I do not know for sure, but if you just think about any kind of money loans, usually the repayments must be met, otherwise your looking at a breach of agreement.

The worst thing to do with any kind of cash/hp loan is bury your head in the sand untill it's too late, usually an explanation of difficulty's with personal finance with the lender will result in a renewed agreement at an affordable amount for you for a short time or till the end of said agreement.

However, loans to do with education, or so I was told, fall into a slightly different catagory to that of a regular cash loan agreement. That is to say, the only difference (I think) is education loans are 0% interest.

In your case, as already advised by above posts, contact skills train admin and explain your circumstances, who will most likely refer you to the money lender to sort things out, or will do it for you if that is in the training policy agreement.

Good luck, and if you can end your agreement with skills train and money lender, DO NOT end your study's

Certifications: None yet
    WIP: A+ N+ CCNA
  7. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

I asked to quit the course and get my money back at one point (I was less than happy with the quality). I was told that I may be able to finish the course on reasons of "financial hardship" but would not get my money back. Since I didn't have allot left to pay, I continued with the course.

My point is, If you let them know your personal details, I'm sure that they will work with you to come to some sort of agreement.

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)