skillsoft.com

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Makaveli, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Makaveli

Makaveli Byte Poster

I have access to skillsoft.com courses through my current employer and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them and peoples opinions on how they found the courses. I also have access to CBT nuggets through my employer so wanted to make the right choice for the subject I want to study as it requires approval before access is granted.

2. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

I've not heard of Skillsoft before but can vouch for CBT Nuggets. I used them for my A+ and Network+ studies and found them very in-depth. If you learn well from watching videos, they are certainly worth a shout.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  3. Makaveli

Makaveli Byte Poster

Thanks BB88, I think I will go with CBT nuggets.

4. scott28tt

scott28tt Byte Poster

Skillsoft have a good reputation - they're the provider of choice for my employer too (VMware) - I've not personally used any of their content though!

Certifications: VCP2, VCP3, VCP4, VCP5, VCAP4-DCA, VCI, MCSE (NT-2003)
  5. Chief

Chief Bit Poster

I have been using skillsoft for CompTIA A+, Net+, and Sec+ with success. I can't compare skillport to the other one, but I do vouch for their delivery and content.

Certifications: MCSE (2003), MSTS Vista, S+, N+, A+, CCA (Metaframe), MCSE (NT4)
    WIP: MCSA (2008/2012), CCA (XenApp 6.5, XenServer 6), CCNA (Not sure, but probably +Security)