Skills Train / Scheidegger / Skills4more.co.uk

Discussion in 'A+' started by The_Dark_Side, Oct 28, 2008.

1. The_Dark_Side

The_Dark_Side Bit Poster

Please warn ALL your friends who are looking in to IT Training.

It drives me mad that this xxx#! IT Training company think they can fool US!
    I have put out this thread to warn those who may be looking to get into IT to look before they leap!

Just search on the internet and you will see all you need to about these companies (apart from skills4more, who, of course are new and so have no Google page rank but are advertising on pay per click)

I have known victims of both Scheidegger Training (who changed their name due to huge negative exposure to rebrand as Skills Train)

The above featured on watchdog twice now once a Scheidegger Training and now as Skills Train! And every time they just re-brand.

Well my friend here is a heads up! I have looked at the structure and design of both www.skillstrainuk.com and this new site: www.Skills4more.co.uk and there is no doubt that Scheidegger/Skills Train are at it again!

Don't take my word for it; check out these domains for yourselves. I have noticed MANY obvious code/design parallels but have only listed a few as I do not want them to totally elude us when they try this trick again!

1 - If you check out the Whois registrar, you will see that BOTH domains are registered by:
    Jan Telensky: JT Consultancy Ltd
    At the SAME ADDRESS!

http://whois.domaintools.com/skills4more.com
    http://whois.domaintools.com/skillstrain.co.uk

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE BBC VIDEO AND WATCHDOG ARTICLE

Good Luck Friends

2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

You're slagging them off, and recommending people to use braindump sites?

I suggest you remove the BD links - a mod will come along and remove them for you if you don't do it voluntarily anyway. If you're not sure about the reference - it's for your 'exam prep'.

Scheidegger and Skillstrain have not recently rebranded - they've marketed for ages under both names. I've studied with them before without a problem. Feel free to do a search on the forums for varied opinions. Though I admit self study is by far the cheaper option, at least the training provider material I had was legal :dry

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. The_Dark_Side

The_Dark_Side Bit Poster

You can argue with the BBC then!

What is the issue with the links?
    There is after all a hyperlink tool but I, and my collegues have used this stuff and found they helped. I have not recomended any sites that sell illegal material!
    If you think other members would rather get no links to sites that we have found useful then, I will remove them on your advice.

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I would do research into the training material you use/recommend, see here on your choice.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Arroryn

You have recommended one of the most notorious braindumping companies around.

I wouldn't argue with the BBC, but I would bust for a rumble with the narrow selection of people they probably selected for the show. I've never been asked about my good opinions of the provider, and invariably people that are angry shout louder than people that aren't. Just MHO.

Oh. And here's the "verification" on one of your recommendations, and the definition of braindumping with regards to certification.

6. The_Dark_Side

The_Dark_Side Bit Poster

P.S.
    I am recommending college, exam prep and online training options, not just brain dumps.
    Would you recomend Scheidigger, sorry -Skills Train, er no I mean Skills 4 More then?

7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Unfortunately there are lots of companies that have taken legal action against them in the past with Microsoft being the latest one (just do a search on the net).

Braindumps devalue the certification program, and when caught a person using these sorts of material can face decertification, certification ban and in some cases legal action taken against them.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. The_Dark_Side

The_Dark_Side Bit Poster

Aaah,
    You try and help and you end up more frazzled than when the emporor zapped me in Return of the Jedi.
    I have removed my recomemded links for books, online and test prep training and if anyone needs help...use the force!
    My recommendations were well informed as I have worked for several IT Training companies over the years as a teacher and now I am involved in other general freelance work.

9. Arroryn

The fact that you recommend braindumps at all is wrong - they are illegal! I couldn't care less what other products anyone (I'm not suggesting you have used them) has used in 'preparation' for their certs. If they have used a brain dump at any point in that prep then they have violated the NDA for the exam, cheated themselves, and still stand a chance of being decertified. It's not really worth the risk.

I have recommended Scheidegger, yes. If there's no college in your area, and you don't have the confidence to self study and want the advantage of tutor support and live labs - if you go through the entire course a training provider has to offer you will probably get around 70% (ish) of your 'fees' refunded through materials they provide and exam refunds.

Marketing under different brands is commonly used to increase brand potential and as an ease on management accounts (don't know the account lingo for it), amongst other things. It's more common in the finance sectors than anywhere else, and it doesn't automatically mean that a company is on the make.

I've said it plenty of times elsewhere - training providers are not devil spawn, if you research what you're getting yourself into first. Yes, the salespeople they can send out can be complete t**ts. But there is nothing stopping you from asking them to come back a few days later before you sign anything.

Pressure sales isn't just the TPs, and it doesn't mean they're a scammer - it means the commission-based salespeople are as sales-driven as with any doorstep seller (conservatories, power companies, double glazing et al). Just be a wise consumer... and the difficulty of it alllllll goes away.

10. Arroryn

I thought your other links were fine - it was just the braindumping one I had the issue with :rolleyes:

11. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

You have worked for 'several IT Training companies over the years as a teacher'... and advocate the use of braindumps to pass exams?

Jesus wept.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  12. The_Dark_Side

The_Dark_Side Bit Poster

NO!
    I do not recommend Brain Dumps as they give you no real training!
    the Test King stuff, I have found, is good for mock exam testing AFTER your training.
    Any good IT Guy will know that, my links are just for general help!

The sales agents that Skills train employ have to earn their commission and so use pressure, and invariably increase the cost of their courses! The companies above do not use these methods and so offer a better value. e-careers.co.uk for example offer Live Labs not simulated ones! And justit.co.uk refuse to sell courses to those who they feel are not up to the task. You can't get much better than that!

13. Arroryn

/bannable rant

14. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

This is the second time you have mentioned ecareers, as certforums is a popular forum we are vulnerable to people trying to increase their SEO with backlinks by spamming certforums. I'd advise a mod to remove all the links personally.

These posts just serve to boost the ranking of dubious sites.

15. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Jesus.

What planet are you on?
    Yeh - TK, awsome exam prep!

Are you one of these hard done by students?
    You come across as some old granny who has seen something 'shocking' on TV that they don't understand and then just started ranting about it.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  16. The_Dark_Side

The_Dark_Side Bit Poster

OK,
    The whole point of this thread is simply to advise people that Skills Train / Scheidegger / Skills4more.co.uk are all the same company.
    The Skills Train Brand was removed from Google pay per click links and the phoenix; skills4more emerged following a damming BBC Watchdog report after a flood of complaints about Skills Train!

Is this a valid point for all those vulnerable people to be aware of?

17. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

No it is not a good mock up exam, it is the real stuff. Even if you say you use it only to test if you are ready, you still work with previous knowledge. Even if you say you just use it as a way to prepair for the exam, you are cheating.
    If for example there is no question in TK on working with kerberos, you wil not study kerberos, although it is needed for the examspecs. Using TK is learning what is asked and not what you need to know.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  18. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

I think you would want to change you quoted text. No use to remove to links in the original if you quote them in your post.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  19. Arroryn

Yeah, that's fair enough :)

20. The_Dark_Side

The_Dark_Side Bit Poster

Phew, thanks job done...in a round about way:rolleyes:

Any ideas on good exam prep material?
    NOT, brain dumps or "cheating test stuff" just stuff for some of my new team members (they are all MCP's) I will be using EC for Labs and online courseware but would like to give them some extra help. Little time for college unfortunatly.