Sitting my 602 this Thursday - A couple of questions

Discussion in 'A+' started by Juanito, May 11, 2009.

1. Juanito

Juanito Bit Poster

1) Has anyone had any questions on screen resolution sizes in their exam? I had a question on this in the Essentials and even though I passed I didn't have a clue about this question and I'm having a bad time remembering any resolutions outwith the standard VGA, so I'm hoping I don't get any of these questions in the exam!

2) Is an LCD powered by AC or DC - I know the inverter converts DC back to AC to light up the CCFL tube, but the exam cram testing software is telling me that the actual LCD screen is powered by low voltage DC.

Thanks

Certifications: A+
  2. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Nobody will be able to answer your first question unfortunately, as this would break the NDA. Even if anyone could/did answer you, it wouldn't necessary help you as the questions come from a bank of questions drawn at random, so one persons test could be totally different from another persons.

As for the second question, I'll wait for someone else to come along and give you a definite answer. I've got a good idea, but don't want to pass on incorrect information :P

3. simonp83

simonp83 Kilobyte Poster

LCD monitors are powered by dc voltage going into the back of it. Some monitors have the transformer inside them, others have the "brick" actually on the power cable.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP
    WIP: 70-291
  4. Juanito

Juanito Bit Poster

I was talking about the LCDs on laptops. I assume they are the same?

5. Gerriem

Gerriem New Member

Hi i have done my essentials today and about you're first question i do not say (licence agreement)
    the seccond question is that a LCD uses low power DC
    even in a laptop, (in a laptop everything is low power DC (the "brick" on the powercord convert power from high power AC 110 or 220 Volt, depending on the country, to low power 12 volt DC)

This is even the same in desktop PC,s the power supply confert 110/220v AC to a maximum of 12v DC (different voltage levels are applied to the system)

6. simonp83

simonp83 Kilobyte Poster

Gerriem has it right, all computer components on run on DC, unless someone knows of an AC power computing device?

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP
    WIP: 70-291
  7. Juanito

Juanito Bit Poster

Passed with a score of 810, a bit easier than I expected.

8. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security