Simple question!

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Scootek, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Scootek

Scootek New Member

Hello All,

This is very basic question, please don't laugh.

Q1. Are all the MCP exams Mutiple Choice?

Q2. Where can I get mock exam questions for good source. I have googled this, but I thought I would ask it here as there are possibly loads of exam experts here.

By the way, I am looking to take the XP exam 70-270.

Thanks.

Jay.

Certifications: BA Hons
    WIP: XP 70-270
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Almost all of them have some multiple-choice questions, but not all questions are multiple-choice questions.

There are several out there (including my own employer). However, I will give you the names of the most well-known legitimate ones in alphabetical order:

Boson
    MeasureUp
    PrepLogic
    Self Test Software
    Transcender

I'd recommend you download demos from each and see which one you like the best. Unfortunately, Boson does not have a premier ExSim-MAX practice exam product for 70-270, but I believe we do have the original ExSim practice exam products that cover it.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Scootek

Scootek New Member

Thank you for a very helpful response. Appreciate it.

4. Maryloveus

Maryloveus Bit Poster

add some words about format of microsoft exams:

Some of exams are traditional questioned ,some of exams are lab-based exams.

I once read one post " Preparation guide for MCSE 70-270"in some microsoft certifcation blog saying that
    the test format for Exam 70 -270 :Single choice and Multiple Choice,no lab.

5. Scootek

Scootek New Member

Thank you.

What's minimum you have to score to pass an MCP? 80%, 90%, 70%?

Are there a set number of questions on each MCP?

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

700 points on an undisclosed scale with an undisclosed weighting system. Thus, it's impossible to know the percentage.

No.

One point of clarification: the exams themselves are not called "MCPs". The MCP is a certification that you achieve after passing your first "old-school" (non-MCTS or MCITP) Microsoft exam. Passing two exams does not get you "two MCPs".

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!