Should I take both A+ exams on the same day

Discussion in 'A+' started by greenbrucelee, Sep 2, 2007.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

As my nearest test centres are 53 and 64 miles away, and the road to the nearest one gets very bad during the next month or so due to ice and frost plus the road is very twisty and turny, it can be quite dangerous in the best of weather.

My question is though because I am so far away from a test centre should I take both the 220-601 Essentials and 220-602 on the same day?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

It depends, do you feel confident in your abilities to pass both exams on the same day? If yes, then go for it. Many people have taken multiple exams on the same day, it all boils down to the individual.

Good luck mate :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. greenbrucelee

I think I am ready.

If I pass the PDI+ which had more questions related to working practices rather than printer components then I think I should be able to pass the essential probably because I will answering similar questions.

On the hardware and operating side of things I think I should be able to nail it as long as I dont have remember every cpu wattage an socket type.

4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Go for it mate. :biggrin

The only thing against taking both exams is if you do fail the first one then you may not be able to concentrate fully on the second exam. However if you have put the study time in you should be ok to take both on the same day. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. greenbrucelee

Cheers :D

I will wait for my PDI+ beta results and if I pass then I will go for it, I came out of the exam feeling I had done well so that has given me a confidence boost, but untill I know the pass mark and results I dont want to push it.

6. Rearl

Rearl Bit Poster

I took both tests on the same day and passed. I recall at first not being clear about the cost of the tests. I at first thought that the A+ would be one price but then discovered that each one has its own price. :biggrin Good Luck.

Certifications: A+601 602
    WIP: network+
  7. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I am bout to do the same with 271 and 272, I pretty much want to get it over with as soon as possible because I am about to start school. Btw good luck on the A+ BGL.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  8. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I'd say go for it as well, I done mine on different days, but could have taken them both on the same day. I didnt really study too much inbetween if im honest, as I studied for both exams using the Meyers book from the start.

The exams are not as bad as you may think mate, go for it :) !

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  9. greenbrucelee

Cheers people, I think I will go for them both on the same day but must now the results of the PDI+ first