Should I go for this training programme? Advice Pls!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by BallDontLie, Oct 27, 2011.

1. BallDontLie

BallDontLie New Member

Hi yall,

I know there has been too many topics in regarding to Joskos, and I aint a big fan of dodgy training providers either but here is my situation...

I graduated last year with a masters degree in Computer Vision and Imaging from a good university. Since this year I have been struggling finding a job and my masters didnt come to help as I could not find any job that is related to my masters studies...I do have a technical/scientific background but I lack skills in Network, database and my programming aint really shiny either...

This lady from Joskos has called me a few times and introduced me this Joskos Gap programme for graduates:

Jus wondering what yall think of this? I couldnt give a damn about all training ads a couple of wks ago but now things are so frustrated I guess I am jus needing a bit of motivation.....

Really appropriate if yall can give me some opinions on this or advices in general! Thank you all!

2. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Why not study those certs the selfstudy way? For that kind of money, you can buy CBT Nuggets video's too.

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  3. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

What do I think ? Its BS for a person with zero windwos admin exp to complete MCITP Server Admin in two months.

So you get placed on the job before or after study ?

Do you get paid for the 8 week placement ?

What are the phases ? Why would you need to pay for a job ?

4. BallDontLie

BallDontLie New Member

Thx for the comment. How long will it to self study and take these exams, for someone like me? How difficult are these exams?

5. BallDontLie

BallDontLie New Member

No idea what they meant by phases...I guess I am jus desperate to find a job as it has been too long since graduated...

6. TheMagician

TheMagician Nibble Poster

Joskos have a bad rep. They (like many others) pray on desperate and ill-informed people who are willing to do almost anything to try and secure a job.

Stay well clear, you have been warned!

site:certforums.co.uk joskos - Google Search

Certifications: MCSA 2012, MCITP: EA, SA, ITIL