Sharepoint... and mapped user area

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kitkatninja, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi Guy's,

I was wondering if you guys can help me out.

Some of you may know that I'm playing around with Sharepoint, as a school we have to have a VLE up by March next year. Our school is part of a pilot project with the local education authority. However I do not know if I want to stick with them or not - another set of usernames/passwords, another e-mail system and after March 2009 over £8k a year are just some of the pit falls with their system. Now I'm trying to develop a VLE system in-house as a comparison.

Anyway to cut a long question short, does anyone know how to (or know of a web part) that maps the user home folder (that gets mapped via AD) to sharepoint?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Sorry Ken, no idea. I've only gotten as far as installing sharepoint services.

Trip is the resident sharepoint "expert" but I don't know if he's seen this post.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685