Severe Weather

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Phil, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Wow, anybody affected by the high winds last night? I thought my roof was going to go awol about 4am. I ended up taking the duvet downstairs and trying to sleep there cos it was a lot less noisy. According to the BBC news site Carlisle has been really badly hit.

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Too right Phil - we've been getting it rough up here for nigh on 2 weeks now. I've had more than one night on the couch already, as the wind wakes up the wee one, so she creeps into our bed, and something has to give....:rolleyes:

Hopefully it will die away soon - it's havoc on the roads too :eek:

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

well the shape of my building makes it perticularly bad, as its somewhat of a wind tunnel, but coupled with the high winds and rain last night it sounded like someone was firing 100 BB machine guns at my window

my brother apparantly almost came off his bike when a tree landed a few feet in front of him, well mroe like a large branch of the tree, but enough to throw you off your bike if you dont stop :D

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

You're kidding. High winds here in Boise last night, too. Eerie. :eek:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Sorry to hear about the bad weather guys. A very nice and sunny 10°C over here in Zürich.[​IMG]

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685