setting up an ad-hoc network problem (supported with pics)

Discussion in 'Wireless' started by kobem, Feb 2, 2011.

1. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

I really would need to ask whether adjustments of both wireless adapter is true. Below, some pictures
    belonging to these adapters.

One of them is intel wireless link 1000 bgn , the other is realtek wireless adapter 802.11b/g 54 Mbps

Settings for intel wireless link 1000 bgn :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

do not know why but 1000 bgn has no SSID option however, you can change the wireless channel from it,

settings for realtek 802.11b/g 54 Mbps

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From this, it doesn't allow you to change ad-hoc default channel value from 10 to others.(its greyed) This, unlike wireless 1000 bgn has the option to choose SSID but doesn't allow you leave the SSID empty.

Network type is selected as ad-hoc on this . (But, wireless 1000 bgn doesn't have this option.)

As you can see, i think these adapters can not setup negotiation.

What should i do?

Certifications: CCNA
  2. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Have you tried setting it up on one machine and then having the other machine connect to it?

Ie have the one that allows you to set the SSID, set up the network, on the other machine have it detect available networks and connect to it that way - leaving the settings on this one as automatic.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Learn to use the Snipping Tool

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada