Server quals

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by orangepeel, May 2, 2013.

1. orangepeel

orangepeel New Member

Hey,

Havent been here for a long time, had a hectic past few years with the arrival of my daughter, but keen to get my professional development back on track now she's sleeping more and is generally easier to manage!

Just had my appraisal at work and they are going to get me more involved with the server side of things (currently doing a 2nd line desktop role). Just to prove I'm keen and eager to move into a 3rd line role I'd like to do some microsoft server certs in the time before my next appraisal.

Before I go out and buy all the study materials, would I be right in thinking that the MCSA: Windows Server 2008
    Solutions Associate path on the microsoft learning site (cant post a link), is the one I should be going down, starting at the 640 and going from there?

Would just really like to start pushing on and get that 28k+ 3rd line role now that home life has settled down and I'm feeling more human on a day to day basis lol

Thanks for any advice.

Neil

Certifications: GNVQ IT (It's a start :D )
    WIP: ??
  2. jvanassen

jvanassen Kilobyte Poster

It would just be a case of what setup they have at your work and you are going to be working with so you can use the experience in work to help you with your studys.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, CCENT
    WIP: ICND2 200-101