Server Book

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by Pablo1888, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Pablo1888

Pablo1888 Byte Poster

I have the official Microsoft Training Kit book for the 70-215 exam, but I have noticed there is a 2nd edition. What I was wondering is, am I wiser to invest in this book or carry on with the older edition?

Certifications: MOUS Master, MCP 70-210, A+
    WIP: CCNA
  2. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

I had a friend that used the 1st edition MCP books for the 2000 track, he wasn't happy with them. He rates my 2nd edition versions much higher! (He's seen them when i've brought them into work to study)...

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  3. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

it's a tough one because as we all know IT book aint cheap. I would if money is tight stick to the book you have and maybe suppliment it with an examcram book or online resources. Check Amazon.com for people reviews on both editions of the book it might give you a better idea of where the first edition is lacking or what added benefit the second edition has over the first and will allow you to better make a judgement...:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011