Server 2008 r2, display settings switched

Discussion in 'Software' started by shadowwebs, Feb 20, 2014.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

we have a virtual server where only one user has access to remote in to, she only has basic permissions but somehow has managed to change the display settings to high contrast, but now cannot change these back... running gpupdate /force makes no difference. no personalisation options when right clicking on the desktop either. I do not have permissions to remote on to this server myself otherwise I would clear her locally cached profile and recreate... cannot delete the appdata folder whilst she is logged on either as is currently in use.

Will this need to be dealt with by our networks team to change her permissions or restore the defaults to get the basic theme back on?

If anyone knows of any other way of doing this whilst she is logged on, thanks.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. greenstarthree

greenstarthree Nibble Poster

If the group policy was changed to allow her user to make display setting changes, a log off and log on would be required then her user should be able to make the change, then ask her to log off and change the group policy back?

Certifications: MCP, MCTS 70-640, MCTS 70-642, MCSA 70-646
  3. Nyx

Nyx Byte Poster

left alt + left shift + print screen? never thought it is in the profile, not sure