Selling books on ebay (INFO)

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by dales, Jan 31, 2009.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

HI all,

Just thought I'd post this before it trips up anybody. Generally when I've finished with an exam I sell some of the books to fund the next set I've got to buy. But as of 27 jan ebay are enforcing a max P&P for books, so you either have to factor in the correct postage when creating a starting bid, or look elsewhere to sell or pass on your books. Most of the books we buy on here are heafty beasts so the P&P they have maxed out would in no way cover the postage.

Books, Comics and Magazines

Subcategory

Maximum Postage and Packaging Charge

Accessories

£2.00

Annuals

£2.75

Antiquarian & Collectable

£4.50

Audio Books

£2.75

Children's Books

£2.75

Collections & Lots

£7.00

Comics

£2.75

Educational/ Textbooks

£2.75

Fiction Books

£2.75

Magazines

£2.75

Modern Maps & Atlases

£2.75

Non-Fiction Books

£2.75

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Fell out of love with FleaBay when they started buying stupid companies that have f*** all to do with their services (Skype). Their annual fee rises were also starting to annoy me. Stopping negative feedback for piss-taking, timewasting and downright fraudulent buyers was the absolute last straw - I haven't sold anything on EBay now for months and don't even visit it any more.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

no dont think i'll bother with it now, might try ebid see whats thats like much smaller but might be ok.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
  4. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Thanks for the update. Have you thought about using Gumtree?

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

thanks for the tip, although I dont live anywhere near london but still might be worth a poke about!