Self Study It Is For Me Then !!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by charliezak, Dec 15, 2009.

1. charliezak

charliezak New Member

Am looking to break into the industry and have been looking at TP's and reading through many posts on here.
    After much deliberation i have come to the conclusion that for the A+ I will first try self study as it has been said many times before this is the much cheaper and sometimes better option.
    It seems to me to be the best way to find out if i will be able to do the learning and much training that i'm gonna need to do and also find out whether a career in IT is for me !
    I'm probably gonna look into studying for the A+ early next year and also start looking to apply for an entry level position such as 1st line support.

Any ideas what the best book(s) will be to get ?

Have looked at the Mike Meyers and PC street smart books on amazon etc and there seems so many.
    I also understand the exam will be changing next year so which is the latest edition?

Apologies as i know this subject has been covered before but just wondered if there were any new feelings about !

Thanks in advance for any help and advice !!!