Self study for ccnp is possible?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by Masato, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Masato

Masato Bit Poster

Hello

I don´t have any cisco certification but i´m interested in this area.I realize that any cisco certification is very expencive so i saw that you guy pass certificatrions through self study.

My question is: it is possible pass in ccnp by self study? and if so where i can get all the software (simulators etc)?

This is just a question becouse like i said i don´t even have the ccna, but i don´t want to pass in ccna and then realize that i have to pay a lot of money in a course to do the ccnp.

2. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Yes, it's perfectly possible to go selfstudy. You will need to get your CCNA first.

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  3. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

My advice would be to worry about the CCNA for now. Complete that first and get into Networks. You will earn ok money with a bit of experience which will probably make you worry less about the costs.

You definitely should not do the CCNP without at least 2 years real world experience anyway so don't worry about it just yet!

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  4. Telephasic

Telephasic New Member

I'm self-studying for CCNP so I certainly hope it's possible. Obviously you want access to good materials. Through work I get some access to CBT nuggets (ludicruously expensive that) - looks like a long road with the three exams but hey that's got to be part of why it's quite highly regarded.