Seeking Open Badge-Compatible Certification Platform

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by Jalle, Apr 23, 2023.

1. Jalle

Jalle New Member

I'm a Microsoft certified developer. Since my certificates have expired, I'm looking for a low-budget certification platform which supports open badge format.

IT Field: programming in C#, JavaScript, Angular or Python
    Open badge support: Yes

Not interested in taking classes only final exam.

2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Lol tell me about it, got 20+ certs from thousands hours study, over £5k spent, all expired and cannot register them on credly.

Fortunately in development, no one cares, just apply to jobs and sit tests and interviews.

3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Have you taken a look at Badgr? You can import Open Badges into your account (here's mine - I've imported some MS, Comptia, OpenLearning, and other badges to demonstrate). I guess you can call it a free or basic version of Credly (no validation check to see if the credential is retired, expired, or active).

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
    JK2447 likes this.
  4. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Very cool that thanks. I’ve not heard of it and have loads of certs that don’t show on credly

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
    Kitkatninja likes this.
  5. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

No worries mate, it is a bit annoying that you can earn badges that don't show up in Credly. While they may or may not be "active" it does show that you have participated in CPD :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
    JK2447 likes this.
  6. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Exactly Ken which I feel is the point a lot of the time. Like my degree, a lot of what I learned studying computer science is out of date now (not all of it!) but the point is that I had the staying power and determination to do that over five years part time in my case. I feel the same way about a lot of my certifications. I can show I've always developed my skills and put that to the test with an exam. It's not just something I've decided to do recently, I've always done it. Why I like Credly, and now Badgr :)

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
    Kitkatninja likes this.