Security Principles... 70-290

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by jef, Nov 27, 2008.

1. jef

jef Bit Poster

Hi, sorry for the never ending questions. :(

Just reading in chapter 6 lesson 2 (page 6-16)

it's basicly saying you can alter permissions regardless of account permissions based on wether they're one of the following user types:

Interactive: logged on at the console.
    Terminal services: using remote desktop or any other terminal service programs..
    Network: connection from the network such as a system running client for microsoft networks,

My question is, does a user logging onto a domain from a remote machine (ie, as opposed to a machine set to log on to a workgroup), come under the category 'Interactive' or 'Network', and if Network is basicly for users looking at shared directories/using ftp, etc etc..

Any comments are welcomed.

Thanks,
    James.

Certifications: nowt.
    WIP: bits and bobs
  2. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Not sure which book you are using. If I knew I could help you I presume.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Jef that question to me appears to be a bit of a riddle! and I'm not sure I know exactly what you mean or what book you are referring to.

Any User who has logged onto the Domain by means of VPN, Dial Up, Terminal Services etc is going to be authenticated by some method to provide credentials interactively to access network resources.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Jef if you would be kind enough to rephrase your question so that I can be able to get a clearer picture other than that I dont think I could really be of any help..:D... Happy studyin

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)
  5. jef

jef Bit Poster

Hi, sorry for the confusion..

I'm reading the MSpress 70-290 book..

It's basicly saying you're able to overide a users given permissions based on the type of connection they make, ie, if it's interactive, they may have full permissions, but when they're using a terminal services connection (Remote Desktop), those permissions may be restricted due to the administrators not wanting any sensitive data displayed whilst he may be on a public/comprimised machine..

And I'm just wondering wether a Computer connecting to the DC is an interactive session or a network session..

Many thanks,
    James.

Certifications: nowt.
    WIP: bits and bobs
  6. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Interactive members include all users who have logged on locally or via a remote desktop connection, while network members include all users who are logged on via a network connection. Therefore a pc connecting to the DC is an interactive session if its logged on locally or via RD connection, while a pc connecting to the DC is a network connection if its logged on via a network connection. Hope this clears you up because this is the simplest I acn break it down to...

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)
  7. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

Does this help you answer your question

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)