Problem Securing Cisco WAP with Radius

Discussion in 'Wireless' started by Cunningfox, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

Anyone got any experience with securing cisco wireless access points with Radius, not talking LWAP but fully functioning points without a WLC?

It's doing my head in right now.

:hang

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??
  2. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

I know a man that can help you, if your company is willing to shell out a few quid, they do this sort of thing all the time.

I have messed about with the WLC and it is a real pain the backside, it's as clunky as a set of square wheels.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
    Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  3. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

There isn't much chance of that unfortunately. The MD's attitude is 'just give me access' and has no care for security so I'm having to do this off my own back or deal with the fallout when it's broken into.

There isn't a WLC it's just AP config. I almost just want an equivalent of the interface 'authentication port-control auto' command but applying to an SSID. But being wireless it has to be more complicated :(. Getting to authenticate a telnet session works but authenticating wireless access is a royal pain.

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??