Scraped 70-270

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Lev Arris, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Lev Arris

Lev Arris Byte Poster

Hi all,

I've scraped the 270 exam today with a 747. Looks like some of my old school A+ Hardware/driver troubleshooting helped to pull the rest of the topics up.

I used skillport videos and also I watched a few testout vids. I think the vids are a hell of a lot easier to study from. Although my daughter has been ill over the last 3 days and I booked these to finish my studies.

I bought the MS-Press book but I just couldnt bring myself to read it. I think after reading the MCDST MS press book I found myself numbed to them.

I didn't do any server revision and haven't had any server experience apart from tiny bits here and there.

I'm now going to try and purchase some interesting books for the server exams of the MCSA. Hoping Mike "the legend" Meyers has some books on it.

I'm also updating CV to try and get a job more based around servers and less call-centre than my present place.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, MCSA (270,290,291)
    WIP: CCNA ..Global Domination
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass and remember a pass is a pass:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass :clap
    Hope your daughter feels better soon

7. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats on the pass... 8)

8. oztrailrider

oztrailrider Nibble Poster

Congratulations on the pass!, hope your daughter is getting better. I can understand where you are coming from regarding the MS Press books, I am just looking at mine now and they are a rather dull read. I suppose you can't expect too much from a textbook though.

Certifications: MCP (70-270)
    WIP: A+