scope of CCVP in industry

Discussion in 'Voice' started by pt23, Aug 22, 2008.

1. pt23

pt23 New Member

Hi ,
    I have recently done my CCNA now I am thinking about a professional level certification. could anyone please suggest me what are the prospects of a CCVP certification and the advantages of this certification .

Or should i go for any other certification like CCIP or CCNP.. please suggest....
    Thanks.

2. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Id imagine if you work in a place which will (or is) use(using) cisco VOIP products then this would be a very worthwhile cert to go after.

Ive heard it recommended that you go for CCNP (switching and routing) before going for the Voice/Security tracks, as these tracks will assume you have CCNP level knowledge

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  3. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Welcome to the club! :)

If you require more information about the CCVP then click here.

Entirely up to you. It depends on your current level of experience (this is what potential employers will look at first). If you have some other more foundation style qualifications (such as CompTIA's N+ and their A+) then these will be more beneficial to you. You don't want to be 'overcertified' without having a good solid experience and qualification base first.

I've said it before... but I'll say it again. I have my CCNA but I don't list it on my CV as I have no real-world experience and therefore I know employers wouldn't let me near their kit.

Hope this helps,

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA