SCJP Exam

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by continu3, Feb 10, 2007.

1. continu3

continu3 Bit Poster

Hi I was wondering if anyone had been through the trials and tribulations of a Sun Certified Java Professional Exam?

I would really like some advice

2. continu3

continu3 Bit Poster

Also does anyone have any experience of Java on Sun? Again seen lots of job postings for this area including FX systems? or Struts, beans, JSP?

3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I haven't done that exam, but I have done a Java course at Oracle. I'm also a programmer by trade.

So if it is a programming question I may be able to help. If it is specific to the cert then not! :-(

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. continu3

continu3 Bit Poster

Been looking around - and found a training provider for the SCJP, I think il start off with that and then decise which routeim gona take after that. One week bootcamp I shouldnt have much of a problem. I start on March the first and well I should be SCJP in 5 or so weeks ( im doing weekends).

Got a good deal on it.

Wish me luck guys.

Il let you know how it goes.

5. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

My rule is that anyone who wants to be *useful* in a language is that it will take about 6 months hard work to get there.

So don't be fooled by ads that state much less - any interviewer worth his salt will rumble you.

But I wish you all the best in your course!

Harry

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  6. frostbite

frostbite New Member

I agree with Harry, however, if you already have some decent programming experience, you wont have much of a problem picking up the concepts of SCJP. Its kind of like dissecting a frog to look at its internals and see how everything works.

An SCJP will no doubt improve your program design skills and an intensive course on this would do you no harm. By the way, who is this provider? The SCJP 5 exam is the latest version so check out if thats what they deliver.