Safety and Environmentals

Discussion in 'A+' started by ManniX, Sep 24, 2009.

1. ManniX

ManniX Bit Poster

Hey guys

I'm in exam prep mode and the practice tests are suggesting that my weakest areas are Safety and Environmentals and Secuirty but mostly Safety.

Any advice? Some specific web pages or just general guidelines would be really helpful. I *think* I'm slipping up on questions where the correct answer is the official company line where as I would just use my common sense, but sometimes it's not very obvious to me which is the right one.

I knew this would be my weak area from the first day I looked at the objectives :dry

Any help is appreciated as always!

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+.. I guess?
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Best I can say is to study those concepts. There's really no quick shortcut.

If you want to practice with more questions, I'd recommend buying practice exams from another legit provider and practice.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. ManniX

ManniX Bit Poster

Thanks for the reply Michael.

Yeah that's exactly what I'm doing. The mapping section of the AiO is a little ambiguous though, it directs you to an entire chapter instead of a specific page which means flipping through until i find the specific section. For eg. Right at the end of Chapter 8: PSUs there's a small section on Fire extinguishers.

I'll get there though I'm sure!

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+.. I guess?
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

One section isn't likely to derail your entire exam score. :) If you know the other sections fairly well, you can get through these questions without too much damage. They're what I call the "fuzzy questions". You know, things like "best practices" and "customer support".

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

The safety questions are a subset of the smallest domain iirc so you're unlikely to get many questions.
    Most of these have two obviously wrong answers using basic common sense anyway, so you're likely to get 50% of the small amount of questions right.
    Personally, I never bothered too much with these. I looked at any practice exam/end-of-chapter questions I had and tried to understand why one answer was better than the other and left it at that.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job