Safari Books Online

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Gav, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

If you haven't already signed up, take a look at Safari Books Online.

For a monthly subscription, you get unlimited access to a library of IT eBooks. I have their app installed on my iPad, and am currently reading books on Server 2012 and Exchange 2013. They also have a massive library of ITIL books, which could save you a penny or two.

It's definitely worth signing up for a trial. Personally, I don't think I'll be buying physical textbooks anymore, as this offers me a much more useful service at a fraction of the cost.

Thanks,

Gav

2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I've twice signed up for Safari Online, only for my subscription to lapse and think when it came to renewing... meh.

That may be because I've been out of the certification game though. I doubt I'll be getting a free trial - mind advising if they have good resources for the MCSE 2012 suite of exams? Specifically the infrastructure route?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

They've got the MS Press books for 70-410 and 70-417. I guess the others will follow shortly, as they've not been out all that long. If you want to see whether a certain book is available, you can search the library without an account.

I'm currently reading a book on Nagios which is still being written, which is really handy as it's one of the only books covering the content I want.

- Gav

Arroryn likes this.
  4. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Thanks. I might well give it a look with the limited bookshelf, to keep down the costs. It's less than an Experts Exchange subscription, which I panned recently so I could move from one anonymous monthly expense to the other without a break lol :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA