Rras + Vpn + L2tp

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by meysam_e2006, Apr 26, 2009.

1. meysam_e2006

meysam_e2006 New Member

I have a plan to operate a (VPN SERVER) with RRAS (routing & remote access service)

In this project I prefer to use the (connection type 12TP), so I simply configure the

(RRAS) and then I connect it with (PPTP).

For connecting with (12TP), I put a “preshared key “in a client (VPN connection -> properties->Networking->IPSEC Setting) and another one in (RRAS) server properties.

However, when I connect to (VPN) server after a long pause, in connecting to 127.0.0.1

I face with error “800.”

What`s the reason for it?

If I have to make another changes in both sides the client or the server please guide me for it.

Note:

1. For IP client setting I use (Range) method.

2. I use Windows server 2008 for this programme.

3. In this case I do not want to use Active Directory or ISA SERVER either.

4. I just want to use (Preshared keys) not any other ways.

5. When I give the preshared key to the client, I reset the (Service IPSEC agent) too.

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Looks like you need the IP address of the VPN server here.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

agree - thats the loopback adapter (127.0.0.1)

4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

The error 800 means that the VPN cannot be established.

Is Port 1701 open for L2TP/IPsec traffic?

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5