ROONEY RETURNS TO GERMANY

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zimbo, Jun 7, 2006.

1. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

just in case im not the only england nut around here! :tongue

http://home.skysports.com/worldcup/...=114&lid=4161&title=ROONEY+RETURNS+TO+GERMANY

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  2. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

Well him going is a bonus no doubt, but if he'll be able to play at hes best is yet to be seen...

Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-271 & 70-272, CCENT, VCP5-DCV and CCNA
    WIP: Citrix
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

you know something... there was a big problem when he got injured yet there are plenty of top strikers to choose from.. crouch, defoe even stevie gerrard had a very good go.. england can do very well.. just remeber how bad becks did in 2002 after his break...

4. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

I just think it'll be unfair say if Crouch and Owen play great together get us to the semi finals and then Rooney comes in and takes over... and possibly plays crap... (whos to say when hes 100% fit?)

I think Bent should have gone though, top English goal scorer then say Walcott.

Amazes me some of the decisions Eriksson has done.

Ah well, soon we'll be able to see what happens. :)

5. Island3r

Island3r Nibble Poster

Hey guys, i never thought i would see a footy post here...GREAT!! :biggrin

I agree with you tho, its great he's got the green light, it will give the squad an even bigger boost after their win on saturday. But like Becks last time, will Rooney be fit enough? he is young, so that may be an advantage...fingers cross.

Its great if all the best players taking part are fully fit, coz it will only make the World Cup better.

I've had the world cup chart pinned in our office at work for the last 5 months, and now its only 2 days away ....i can't wait :D

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, MCSA 2003, MCTS: Windows Vista, Config, MCTS: Exchange 2007, Config, MCTS: Server 2007 Active Directory, Config, MCTS: Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, CEH
  6. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

me neither... no i think walcott is a good choice.. he's fast.. faster than henry and thats official! So thats one optional.. then there that BFG aka peter crouch! what would you guys like to see in the starting 11?
    here is mine:

robinson
    neville
    a cole
    carragher
    terry
    gerrard
    lampard
    becks
    cole joe
    crouch (ronney)
    owen

just keep hargreeves and ferdinand away please! sol campbell and jenas for me instead!

7. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

Agree with that lineup there zimbo! :thumbleft

I would agree with you there on Walcott and hes pace is impressive. I just think Eriksson should have played him as a starting striker in the friendlies rather then a sub... i think it's harder to come on and play as good as a sub... rather then if he could have started a game...

I now can't see Walcott actually doing much, especially if Rooney does get fit... Don't get me wrong i want him to impress and prove everyone wrong.. i just can't see it happening atm.

8. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

oh crap, it has started here as well. i had hoped to be spared from that wc football nonsense at cf. ah well. :dry

9. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Er - who is 'Rooney'?

Harry (finding the deepest lart shelter he can)

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  10. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

lol just keep your head down d and try to avoid these threads because it's all going to go downhill from here :eek:

I haven't got a clue what they are talking about, all these weird names? Becks is a drink, I know that much :blink

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)