ROFLMAO - CCIE... the path to ultimate riches

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by zebulebu, Jul 21, 2008.

1. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Got this in my inbox today from a recruiter:

Wanted - IP Engineer - Very hands-on technical position, requiring an expert in all aspects of IP core networks including but not limited to: TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, QoS, VoIP, routers, switches, firewalls & VPN's.
    Candidates should be either JNCIE or CCIE certified
    Based in Central London
    Salary - c£35,000

LOLOL - 35k for a CCIE in central London? I know receptionists that earn more than that!

Ever so slightly optimistic there I feel - either that or the arse truly has fallen out of the jobs market!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  2. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

I sometimes see huge lists of required experience on job adverts for IT positions that make me wonder if anyone could ever have all the experience they want :blink

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  3. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Never surprises me the crappy arse jobs recruiters send out, Phd style requirements for Asda style wages, all the while the recruiters are pulling in the big bucks, and half of them them can barely talk, or spell let alone understand the specs...

4. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

Only if they fill those jobs, no new recruits, no big bucks.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  5. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

People that lie on their CV and that can talk the talk but not necessarily walk the walk. I'd ignore such job adverts and put in the spam filter and not even use the agency that sent it in the first place.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  6. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Maybe but I know one recruiter who earns far more than me and has just bought a £700,000 house, credit crunch what credit crunch ? :eek:

7. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Hey, there'll be a job market until the end of the earth itself :) there'll probably even be a recruiter pushing the post of Armageddon Co-ordinator. Prince2 required, at least Black Belt in Six Sigma would be an advantage.

I was having a look at the job market for shins and giggles having recently had a review myself. I'm so glad to be working where I am right now :blink:eek:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

£35k is a joke :ohmy

Even if that job is based in Scotland its still not enough. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs