Replacing my router - suggestions

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Gingerdave, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Morning All

The time has come to replace my aging Dlink wireless router as it has started to lock up and die, I was looking for a quality N class router for around the £70 and was thinking about the Linksys WRT320N. I havent had any experiance from Linksys but I assume they are pretty good as they are essentially the home brand of Cisco aren't they?

If anyone has experiance of this router or has suggestions for other routers I should consider I would love to hear from you.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  2. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

I installed it at a local charity when I was voluntering.
    Good piece of kit. No problems what so ever.

I went by the same assumption that surely that isn't Cisco class hardware but it has to go through some sort of Cisco brand quality control before it hits the shelves. Also I would of thought that Cisco shared some technology secrets with Linksys on the take over.

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I've had no problems with Linksys or Netgear.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

I use a netgear 802.11n non-mimo router at home and it works fine. I don't really need anything faster. It retails for around $55.00 but I got it free from my ISP. I would have probably bought a Linksys if I had bought one myself never had any problems with the couple I've set up.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  5. Gingerdave

Thanks for the opinions guys.

6. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Never buy a philips. Why in the hell my housemate didn't consult me before buying it I'll never know. Didn't bother me as I prefer cables though. Eventually the horror got too much and he bought a linksys wrt54g2. Very nice router. Solid.

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  7. Gingerdave

Well I ordered that Linksys for delivery tomorrow so I will let you all know how it goes.